New Product, Product Quality and Vendor Coordination
- Assist in the evaluation of new product submission by eliminating those that do not meet our standards before further reviews
- Research of product and suppliers by ensuring all quality information is received.
- Read and evaluate quality information.
- Keep abreast of changes to FDA cGMPs standards and regulations.
- Participate in new item reviews and document approvals and rankings
- Assist in the set-up of new vendors and new items to include local new products.
- Maintain and update vendor Liability Insurance.
- Maintain and update local products list by state.
- Maintain and update Customer Return's Manual
- Facilitate vendor and broker requests for approved product lists.
- Ordering and inventoryfor Distribution center, for promotional and new item orders, for stores and for stock
- Processing new store orders including pricing, confirmations and coordination with New Store Operations team
- Create vendor order and delivery schedule for each new store as appropriate
- Assist with product recalls and returns
- Assist with inventory reviews for slow sellers, discontinuations, and set refreshes
- Update Replenishment Manager for additions and deletions of items on replenishment
- Create, maintain and update promotional spreadsheets for entry of sale price and vendor promotional costs for monthly Hotline, Grand Opening and In Store promotions
- Ensure appropriate vendor contracts on file for promotions
- Participate in promotional planning sessions and keep follow up documents accurate
- Identify and facilitate corrections of any vendor promotional discount discrepancies and product line items missing from the promotion and communicate corrections to the Category Managers
- Process and verify promotional scan back discounts and scan back reports for all promotions including bi-yearly and yearly EDAPs
- Obtain and maintain product image files to be featured for Health Hotline ads
- Proof Health Hotline ads
- Create promotional sign spreadsheet and proof signs for promotions.
- Create contest eligible-product lists
- Update and maintain new store discounts
- Initial processing of price change files for Category Managers final retail pricing approval
- Work with the Accounting Department on vendor invoicing issues
- Assist with solving price and/or freight discrepancies
- Any other assigned data scrubbing involving pricing
Core Set Coordination
- Learn the basics of product placement guidelines on Vitamin HO SharePoint to provide guidance at the store level
- Learn basics of supplement core sets and how to maintain the lists to provide guidance at the store level
- Maintain distributor core set lists
- Work with individual stores on questions involving special orders, new items, regular pricing, promotional pricing, product issues and any other questions they have.
- Work with vendors and brokers to answer questions, ensure appropriate paperwork for new items, quality documents, pricing, promotions, item changes and issues as needed
- Perform HR Meet and Greet trainings
Any other duties or projects assigned by management Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are expected to be ''hands on'' and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive.